Monday, June 11, 2012

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation - My Thoughts


I wanted to like NARS Sheer Glow Foundation so badly - but the truth is, I'm still unsure about it.
Some days I like it, some days I hate it. I regret spending $42 (plus another $6 for the pump - $11 with shipping) on a foundation without trying it first or asking for a sample. I convinced myself I'd love it since some of my favorite YouTubers/bloggers rave about it, which was pretty stupid on my part.

The first problem, I think, is that I guessed at my shade (I bought it at Sephora but all of the saleswomen were busy with other customers) and ended up with a too-light shade. The second problem is that I find this foundation doesn't have good staying power on me and can go patchy, and since it's too light it becomes pretty obvious. I'd say my skin is Normal/Combination - normal cheeks and then slightly oily on my t-zone (more oily in the summer months). The foundation doesn't want to stay on my nose or forehead very well, even when I use a primer and set it with powder. I can also see where it sits in my pores (ew?) since it's too light for me, so I have tiny little spots in some parts of my face.

When I first put it on I do think it looks good. It gives a nice 'glow' (hence the name~) and gives light coverage. You could probably build it up but I don't really need to so I've never tried. If it stayed looking the way it does at first all day long then I'd probably love it, but that hasn't been the case so far. 

I included NARS Sheer Glow in my May favorites because I did quite like it for a couple weeks, but I've fallen back out of like with it. I still make myself use it so my $42+ doesn't go to complete waste but I don't find joy in using it. I know a lot of people love this foundation and rave about it, so if you're curious about it I'd definitely take a trip to Sephora and try it out. Have someone match you and ask for a sample so you can take some home and try it out for a couple days. (I got a sample of a benefit foundation and it's lasted me a couple weeks so you should get a good amount!) 

Aesthetically speaking, it's such a pretty foundation. I love the packaging of NARS products. When you buy it it comes with a large black lid, but I ordered the pump from NARS' website to keep the foundation more sanitary. Like I said before, the pump was only $6 so if you try this foundation and love it I'd suggest getting the pump as it makes dispensing so much easier. I always end up with too much when I pour foundation out of bottles onto my hand.

I won't be repurchasing NARS Sheer Glow when it runs out but I am glad I tried it, although I wish I tried a free sample and not the $42 bottle! I learned my lesson there about higher-end foundations. It's not so bad to try an $11 drugstore foundation and end up not liking it, but if you can get a sample of a more expensive product (especially something like foundation where everyone has such different preferences) then definitely do it. 

Hopefully this has been a helpful post in case you were curious at all about NARS Sheer Glow. Like I said, a lot of people love it so try a sample if you like 'dewy' looking foundations!

No comments:

Post a Comment