Friday, June 1, 2012

My MAY Favorites!

 Face:
NARS Sheerglow Foundation - When I first bought this foundation I was unsure how I felt about it, I expected to love it and that didn't happen. I went through a phase where I didn't like it at all, but I got samples of primers and now I really like it! If I don't wear a primer it can go patchy and weird, but with a primer the finish stays as nice looking all day. Not sure if I'll repurchase this foundation when it runs out, but for now I'm really enjoying it!
Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush - The shade is 'warm' and I've been loving it ever since I got it! 
NARS Laguna Bronzer - I just posted about this recently, and I'M OBSESSED WITH IT! I've been using it daily and I haven't found anything I don't like about it. The powder is so fine it blends beautifully! 
NARS Alabtross Blush - Guuuuuuuuuuurl, if you like gold highlighters, YOU NEED THIS. I've also been wearing this daily, and it gives such a gorgeous golden 'glow.'

Brushes:
Real Techniques Contour Brush - As the name implies, this brush is for contouring and I love it! I definitely want  more Real Techniques brushes. They're soft, affordable and work really well.
Real Techniques Buffing Brush - I use this brush for foundation, using lighter formulas like NARS Sheerglow. It's such a soft brush that buffing your foundation in is effortless and the finish comes out great.

Hair:
HealthySexyHair - I found this 'Soy Tri-Wheat' leave in conditioner in Ulta for $6.00. It's the miniature version but as I'd never tried it before, I didn't want to pay more for the regular size. I like it so far, it leaves my hair feeling soft. I don't like the sprayer on it as it comes out as a straight line of liquid and then I sometimes put too much in my hair. Regardless, I've been using it a lot lately and it also helps as a detangler!

 Nails:
Orly Nail Lacquer 'Frisky' - I looked everywhere for a blue like this! I love it on my fingers and toes!
OPI Nail Lacquer 'Do You Lilac It?' - This has been a favorite of mine for the past couple of years. It seems to be about time to replace it as it's getting a bit gloopy, but I still love it!

Lips:
Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain 'Passion' - This has been one of my favorite lip products for quite a while. It's something I like to wear when I go out. It's a lip stain so it's quite long lasting and it has lip balm on the other end, which makes your lips feel hydrated and look glossy. I also like the smell!
Topshop Lip Tint 'Crystal' - This reminds me of child's play makeup, but I've been OBSESSED with it lately! It gives my lips such a gorgeous pink color with sliiiiiight shimmer. I probably should have bought two of these because it's limited edition and I've been using it like crazy! Not only do I love what the product, I LOVE the way it looks!
MAC Lipstick 'Viva Glam Nicki' - I've talked about this a couple times, but I love this lipstick! 
Blistex Lip Medex - I'm addicted to chapstick and this is the BEST I've tried! You'll never find me without it!

Eyes:
Benefit Stay Don't Stray - I got this primer in a mini set from Sephora that was near the checkout. I use this on my eyes under eyeshadow, but it can also be used under concealer to make sure it stays in place. I definitely think I'll purchase the full size version of this when it runs out.
Physicians Formula Eyeliner - I got this with a bronzer that I bought, along with a brown eyeliner. I ended up not liking the bronzer and I don't wear brown eyeliner, but I like this eyeliner for days when I don't feel like wearing liquid liner. 
CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara - I loved this mascara in high school and then didn't use it for a long time. I don't know if I'll repurchase again when this one runs out/gets dry, but I've been using it lately. I like that you can really build up the volume as I have pretty pathetic lashes naturally. I don't like that it doesn't hold a curl very well, though.
L'Oreal Lineur Intense Carbon Black - It was a little hard for me to get used to applying this time of eyeliner as I always used to use pencils or gel, but now I find it easier and I love how black this liner is. It also doesn't smudge which is a plus!

Those were the products that I loved and wore throughout May! I'm guessing most will be the same for June to be honest!

2 comments:

  1. Nars Laguna is one of my favourite, RT brushes are amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I've been OBSESSED with NARS Laguna lately! I also just picked up a new RT brush! Soo nice. Thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete