Wednesday, July 4, 2012

L'Oreal Colour Riche Colour Caresse Lipstick

 I follow a couple youtubers and bloggers from the U.K., and a little while ago a bunch of them were talking about the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipsticks, which were supposed to be like Revlon's Lip Butters. I was really interested in trying them but I heard they wouldn't be out in the US until July. Well, last night I was in Wal-Mart and found these, L'Oreal Colour Riche Colour Caresse lipsticks! (What a name...) 

They have different packaging and different names than the Rouge Caresse lipsticks.  I checked Boots' website as well as Ulta's, and it looks like there are 3 more shades of the Colour Caress lipsticks than the Rouge Caresse. I can't really tell if any of the shades are the same. Below is an image from Google of the Rouge Caresse packaging:
I can't really tell which I like better. In my mind I was expecting the packaging to look the same when it came to the US, so I don't know.

On to the product, I picked the shade Sunset Angora 176, but a lot of them looked really nice and I think I'll pick up more. It's a lightweight lipstick, a bit sheer but still gives nice color payoff. I can't speak for the other shades, but I like that this one's color came out pretty much exactly like the color on the packaging. The finish is on the glossy side, definitely not matte. I like the smell! It's floral-y and fresh, something I felt was lacking with the Revlon Lip Butters. I think the Colour Caresse lipsticks are a bit firmer than the Revlon Lip Butters as well. I like both but I think I like the Colour Caresse lipsticks more. 

I bought my L'Oreal Colour Riche Colour Caresse lipstick at Wal-Mart for $7.98 (cheaper than Ulta where they're $9.99, just sayin'!). I really like it and I want more shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment