Tuesday, July 31, 2012

MyGlam Bag | July!

 I know I'm a bit late posting this, sorry! For starters - I love the bag itself this month! Very cute and it being sheer is quite helpful when looking for a specific item.
 Overall, I was pleased with the items I received this month!
Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Hypoallergenic Facial Towelettes: 
I use makeup wipes most nights to get the majority of my makeup off before using my cleanser. I typically use Neutrogena ones, but I was interested in trying different brands. I wasn't a huge fan of the scent of these wipes. They do smell like cucumbers, it's just a little too cucumber-y for my taste. However the scent wouldn't put me off using them and I'd probably get used to it after a while. These were gentle end removed my makeup well.
Circus By Andrea's Choice Nail Polish:
I received this white nail polish, is Reverso the name? At first I was a little bummed that I got white, as I thought I'd rather get a pink or some other bright color, but the white has come in handy! The first time I wore it, it chipped super fast. However, I wore it again and it lasted fine, so I'm not too sure what happened there as I always use the same top coat, etc. I've never seen this brand for sale anywhere so I don't know how much it is or where you could find it, but so far I like it okay.  I'd probably buy another color if I came across them.
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion:
 I haven't tried this moisturizer (I have a bunch I want to get through first), but I was excited to get something from Kiehl's as I'd seen it and heard of it, but never tried anything from them. My skin can get a bit oily in the summer, so I was happy to receive this as it's for normal to oily skin types and is oil free.
Josie Maran Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stain in Tango:
I was probably most excited about this as I love lip stains, and I love the color I received! This product is sold at Sephora for $19, so it definitely makes this $10 MyGlam bag worth it! It says you can use it as a cheek stain as well, but I think the felt tip point might be a little difficult to work with on the cheeks. Love it for the lips, though!
 Nu-Me Hydro Punch Hydrating Conditioner For Dry or Colored Hair:
I was definitely interested in this conditioner as I have bleached blonde hair that could use all the moisture it could get! However, when I tried this, it didn't condition my hair at all. In fact, it rinsed right out and didn't even help detangle my hair. I typically wash my hair and put conditioner in at the beginning of my shower so I can let the conditioner sit in my hair for the rest of the time, and this still didn't do anything. I ended up throwing the tube out after one shower since it didn't do anything for me. I didn't like this product, but I'm glad I received it as a sample so I know I wouldn't like the full sized version!

Overall this bag and it's contents pleased me! I'm looking forward to seeing what I get in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment