Sunday, May 20, 2012

MyGlam Bag | May

I received this month's MyGlam bag a couple days ago so I figured I'd post about it!
This is the second MyGlam Bag that I've received, and overall I've been pretty pleased so far. I was initially a bit worried because after subscribing I watched a lot of videos on YouTube about MyGlam horror stories ; people being charged for bags and never receiving them, people getting multiple bags, MyGlam not getting back to people who had problems, etc.
I almost cancelled my subscription but figured I'd wait and see how it went. So far I haven't had any problems. April and May's bags were both shipped and arrived on time, and I've liked the contents. 

MyGlam arrives in the bright pink package (me gusta), each month's bags have a different design, and there's a card describing each product. I personally like getting a new little makeup bag each month. I usually use a small purse so these fit perfectly. 

This is the product I'm probably the most unsure of. I've never used anything like this for my nails, and I'm not really crazy for the design, but I'll probably give it a try.

This is a very light, sweet fragrance. I like it, but I hate that it doesn't have a spray top as I always spill these kinds all over myself.

I had never heard of this brand before so I looked it up and saw that this lipstick is sold for $14.50, so it definitely makes this bag worth it money-wise. The packaging is my favorite part of this lipstick, it's much like NARS products. I like the color, although I think I'll wear it more in fall and winter. The thing I'm not crazy about is that it doesn't smell like anything really. I feel like for a lipstick that's $14.50 it shouldn't smell like a cheap drugstore lipstick, but maybe that's just me.

For the last couple of months MyGlam has been sending out makeup brushes. Last month they were for eyes (eyeshadow and angled eyeliner), and this month they're concealer and a 'defining' eyeliner brush.
I've not yet used any of the MyGlam brushes as I usually stick to my MAC/Real Techniques brushes, but these seem nice enough.

MyGlam is about $10.00 a month. So far I've liked the products I've received and will probably stay subscribed for a while.
I'm really interesedt in the Glossybox subscription service as I always read about it on the UK blogs I follow. Maybe I'll try that one as well soon!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog!!! I never knew about these subscription services, I'm tempted to try one out now :)

    www.prettypreciouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's pretty fun getting packages each month with surprise products!

      Delete