Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New Beauty Test Tube

~Instagram photos~
I ordered the New Beauty Test Tube from QVC's website, here.
It's around $30, which seems like a lot when there are other beauty subscription services for $10, but the products are good-sized and the Tarte lip product in this tube is around $24 alone, so it's well worth it.
I believe you can still order this tube, and then the next ones come out in August, October, January, April, August and October 2013. I actually like that it doesn't come out monthly, partly because I wouldn't want to spend $30 each month, and partly because the products are so well sized I need time to use them!
I haven't tried all of the items yet, but I'll write a little about the ones I have.
I haven't tried this on my eyes yet, but it looks like a lovely color. And it lasted! I took a shower after taking these photos, and it was still going strong after I got out, and it wasn't until I scrubbed my hand that it came off.

I've worn this Tarte LipSurgance a couple times now and I really like it. The swatch picture I took of this came out awful, but it's a bright baby pink with subtle shimmer. I'm very drawn to these types of colors but typically coral-y pinks look better on my skin tone. It smells like peppermint, which isn't my favorite but it doesn't deter me from wearing it. Overall I really like it and I've never tried anything from Tarte before!

I haven't tried this yet as I have a lot of moisturizers to get through at the moment that I want to use up first, however this looks really nice. I was surprised at the color, I was thinking the jar itself was red and the stuff inside would be white!

I've used this only once so far, but I really liked it! It smells good and made my skin feel really nice; clean but not dry. It has little exfoliating things in it too, but it gentle and I didn't feel like it was scratching my skin.

I've seen this before and have never felt overly bothered by it, but I was pleasantly surprised! It lathers quite nicely and leaves my skin feeling so soft. The only thing I don't love is the smell. It's not bad, it just seems a bit mature if that makes sense. 

I've been using this just in areas where I worry about wrinkles, around my mouth and on my forehead. I've only been using it a couple days so I can't really say if it's working yet, but I like it. It smells sort of minty.

I accidentally squeezed out waaay too much and I couldn't get it back in!
I've heard of this before but I've never looked into it. I usually use Jergens Natural Glow and Protect which gives you gradual color and has spf 20. I'm very curious to try this out and see which I like better! I want to use up the rest of the Jergens I have, but this smells better and seems to moisturize well so I'm excited!

Overall I was very pleased with the New Beauty Test Tube! There wasn't anything I didn't like and I was able to try things I've been curious about. I'd definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment